DELANY COLLEGE, GRANVILLE
The Patrician Brothers arrived in 1942 to open their regional primary and high school, after accepting an invitation given to them by Monsignor J.J. McGovern (Parish Priest of the then Holy Trinity Parish between 1941–1953) to open a school in the parish. The school was a focal point of boy’s education from that point; however, the 1990s saw developments that would affect the school. These developments were the slow decline in Patrician Brothers involvement in the parish and falling student enrolments.
This prompted the Parramatta Catholic Education Office to consult with the brothers, priests, and parents about the future direction of the school. The decision was made to update the current facilities in the school and open-up the school as a senior secondary co–educational school. In 1997 the school was renamed Delany College after the founder of the Patrician Brothers. The Patrician charism continues at Delany and whilst only one brother remains on staff the Province takes an active interest in supporting and encouraging Delany’s ideals.
Delany College was originally known as Patrician Brothers’ High School (Years 7–10). Established in 1942, it was one of many Patrician schools in New South Wales and throughout the world. In honour of its rich Patrician heritage, the College was named after the Patrician Brothers’ founder, Bishop Daniel Delany. In 1997 the school became a co–educational college (Years 7–12) to reflect and meet the changing needs of the community.
Delany College offers students a caring and secure environment in which to seek truth and understanding. The School Motto, "Love, Serve, Hope", reflects the College's commitment to Bishop Delany's vision as growing from the beauty and truth of the gospel.